Chance Decker focuses his practice on commercial lending disputes in the real estate, automotive and manufacturing industries, all aspects of oil and gas litigation, and the enforcement of non-competition, nondisclosure and trade secret protection provisions of employment contracts. Since joining Looper Reed & McGraw in the fall of 2009, Mr. Decker has obtained favorable verdicts and settlements for the firm's clients through a calculated and aggressive approach to the practice of law.
- Played pivotal role in obtaining a $350,000 jury verdict on behalf of Jani-King International, Inc. in a suit against a New York franchisee.
- Successfully defended a commercial tenant in a multi-property eviction and tortious interference case.
- Obtained a complete judgment on behalf of a major oilfield services manufacturing company for the nonpayment of several hundred thousand dollars of unpaid equipment.
- Obtained a favorable judgment against former employees of a Houston energy brokerage firm who breached the non-competition and non-disclosure provisions of their employment agreements.
Professional Activities, Memberships & Affiliations
- State Bar of Texas (Litigation Section)
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
Community Involvement, Memberships & Affiliations
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (Calf Scramble Committee Member)
- Texas Trophy Hunters Association
- 12th Man Foundation
- Houston A&M Club.
- St. Luke's United Methodist Church.